Friday, August 10, 2007

Home.

Instead of Red ruby slippers, they were brown Abercrombie flip-flops but I simply clicked my heels three times and chanted... "there's no place like home, there's no place like home" and the next thing I knew, the plane was preparing to land at the Portland Airport. As I looked out the window,a feeling of peace overwhelmed me... I WAS HOME! :) There is just something so incredibly satisfying about the feeling I get as soon as I walk off onto the sky bridge. I feel as if my face lights up and instantly feel 10 lbs lighter from the stress I left behind in LA.
Once outside, you can't help but take long deep breaths for the air is so crisp and clean. I guess you could compare it to my love for crisp starched shirts... its the same joy!
My flight got in really late last night but I came home to my lovely momma preparing me a bowl of vanilla ice cream topped with blackberries picked earlier that morning....I made my way downstairs and there was my old twin bed with covers already pulled back beckoning me to "come hither" :)
I was too excited to go to bed so my brother and I jumped in his car (I didnt even grab my shoes) and we sped down the Old Evergreen Highway with my arms stretched out the sunroof and feet out the window, I smiled because I felt like a kid again. A quick run through the Burgerville drive through and I was complete...
Even though I am only home for a day, there truly is NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! I'm glad you are home!!!! I can't wait to go home too... ;) Love you!

-Colley

P.s. tell your family hello for me! Much love... ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so Jealous of you right now. "There's no place like home, there's no place like home... Mine's broken!"

scott neumyer said...

Come back soon!! I miss ya here at work... hehehe :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I'm from the NW too...born and raised. Now I live in Phoenix, and I miss "home" so much. BURGERVILLE!!! Ahh...my mouth is watering :)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

wow you make going home sound so heavenly! i enjoyed reading this post :)

Shyla said...

Anyone is welcome to come visit!!! I love hosting!!! :)

Suzie said...

I love your new Blog, Shyla!!! It looks AWESOME!! Rudy just finished mine and he is THE man!!

Natalie Joy said...

now can you come home to your chicago home??????? PLEEEEASE! I'm majorly in need of a Shyla fix:(
love you.

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

I am beyond bummed that I missed you while you were here! I have an idea...since it feels so much like "home"...you could just move, right?! I am so excited about the idea of hooking up with you when I go to Jesh's workshop. K

MarkGalligan said...

Wow! I wish it felt that great when i go home. It should, Its my home too! Well, i'll be home in 9 hours. we'll find out

Blog Archive