Thursday, September 13, 2007

Business Boot Camp | Boston


While attending PartnerCon this year, I had a crash course in Business Boot Camp.
The BBC is an intense, intimate two-day experience designed to help you take your photography business to the next level, enforce business health and profitability, and create a better work/life balance.

Yesterday, photographer and business guru (not to mention my sweet friend) Liana Lehman, offered me a crash course and I was blown away at what I learned. I walked away with knowing exactly how much I need to make next year to pay myself "x" salary in conjunction with growing my business. ( That includes ideals such as maxing out IRA annually, and putting a significant amount in savings each month.) Additionally, I can tell you my cost of sales on each package I offer and how to decrease my cost of sales without affecting my clients.

Anyway, a few other photographers and I are planning on attending Liana's full boot camp in Boston, MA on Dec 4-6, 2007. We would love to get a fun group together and honestly, it's a great opportunity to get your biz stuff in order before we head into the 2008 fiscal year.
PLUS, we have never been to the New England area so I look forward to experiencing what the East Coast hype is all about. ;) (some people say the East Coast is better than the West Coast... BUT 'West' rhymes with 'BEST' for a reason ;) ) WE shall see though, I believe in fair chances. haha.

for more info click here

18 comments:

Amy Martin said...

ha! that pic is too funny! Liana is a genius :)

Anonymous said...

DUDE!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha

I'm already all registered and have been doing my homework with my DVD. you gotta get caught UP! That's gonna be awesome. You's gunna be in my hood.

Kacy said...

Nice caption, haha! I seriously need to think about going, I sooo suck at the biz/$ side of it all. Not my thing. Hmmm....

Anonymous said...

I DEFINITELY want to attend Liana's bootcamp in the next few years. The more I hear about it, the more I think it's one of the best one there.

Hey, I'm a West-Coaster too (Vancouver, BC) but seriously Shyla: the East Coast? TO DIE FOR. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. That's all I can say. Boston is one of my favourite cities.

kennykimdotcom said...

Sweet. Keep me posted about this event. Sounds like something I need!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

definitely interested if possible. it was awesome seeing you again at partnercon. keep inspiring shyla!

Brittany Leigh said...

im interested!! let me know some specs!!! love you!

Brittany Leigh said...

im interested!! let me know some specs!!! love you!

Paige Kearin said...

You look tough, girl. Miss you. When are you coming to SB? We need a girls REUNION.

cristy cross said...

Oh hey that would be so awesome. I just bought two books today on business stuff. I need to work on my branding and know my business much better. I want to know and understand that crazy stuff she taught you too! My husband would be so proud of me.
I'm loving your wedding pics girl. They are fab-u-lous!

Jeff said...

I'm totally in, as long as Erin's parents don't come that week! It was rad seeing you at the 'con

scott neumyer said...

East Coast Represent! Stop by NJ on your way, k? :)

serena grace said...

i've been so interested in that workshop....but i'm afraid of the cold....and i'm guessing it's pretty cold over there during the winter. brrrrr.

Shyla said...

Jaime- Don't wait a few years!!! seriously, you need to go NOW.

Paige- I was just up there but you were gone.... Im feeling a girls reunion too!!! I truly do miss you.

Cristy- Your hubby would totally be proud! even more though, you would feel proud in yourself!
Thanks for the compliments chica, I am loving shooting more and more each day.

Jeff- In-laws over Shyla?! ugh. I thought we discussed this!...*tsk *tsk.
So when are we gonna go sailing?

Scotty- NJ? check.

Serena- Boston Native Eric said he'll still be wearing shorts then. Me personally I love seasons so I am stinkin stoked for the cold!! Cali has beautiful weather all the time... sometimes it gets old. ( did I just say that?!)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

this sounds super interesting. shy your link isn't working for me. where can i find more info on this?

Liana said...

Shy - you are SOOO haut & hilarious there!! I think perhaps we need to make you the honorary Boston Drill Sargent LOL. Sooooo awesome seeing you last week - thanks for the Sushi & Ice Cream tour to end it all with!

SDohana - the info for the Boot Camp is at: http://bananasedu.com

Nicole Kent said...

I'd drop and give you 20!! It was great meeting you at partner con!! I hope to see you soon! Keep in touch. xoxo,
Nicole*

Shyla said...

(edit: 1/27/2008) Note: forget everything I said in this post about the East Coast. Funny how much can change in 4 months, 'eh?

I kinda fell in love with the East Coast...

LOL

Blog Archive