Friday, September 19, 2008

Spontaneous Random Adventure

Wednesday's text message conversation went something like this:
me: So, I know this is last minute but it looks like my Connecticut trip got rescheduled... wanna run away together?
friend: YES!
me: perfect, lets go.
friend: want to go buy some firewood and tent it up in Andover?
me: YUP!!

It was as easy as that. We grabbed the tent, sleeping bags and a few sweatshirts and 20 minutes later we ended up here.... [Need I reiterate how much I love New England? ;) ]



I love spontaneous random adventures! We had a waterfront campsite and no one else was around so it made for pure bliss. I turned off my phone (except for when I responded to a few emails last night) and brought a brick of books..... we just enjoyed life. I love simple friendships like ours where we can just sit by the campfire and soak in nature.... no make-up, "outfits" or high heels, just dirt under our fingernails, vain attempts at 'roaring' fires, and pocket knives! We both agreed that a night in a tent trumps a $500 Fancy Suite any day.




Two nights and one full day in the great outdoors was a perfect recharge........now, back to work! :)

10 comments:

wrecklessgirl said...

this makes me homesick! i miss new england sooo much; sometimes, in my mind, i transport myself there and hang out with you. i need to take a trip there, badly. like, really really badly.

me said...

Ahhhh, camping! Nothing like it! I'll soon be going this weekend with my husband and his family... which means me and 10 guys cause apparently I'm the only girl in his family that loves the outdoors...and can also pee in the woods! =) ha! TMI? oh well...

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, Shy -- I really DO need to come see New England, don't I??? :)

Brett Bollman said...

Stuff like this is the best!! Sometimes it's hard to pull ourselves away like this... but it's so rewarding in the long run!!

Shyla - You take great pictures!!

Anna Yu said...

babe, you are amazing, really
spontaneous - that's your middle name for sure :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome. You're my kindda gal Shyla. It's awesome to try to get back to basics and soak in all that nature has to offer. The location is absolutely breathe taking.

suzanne said...

Sausages, jiffy pop, and marshmellows. Yup...that pretty much sums up our diet for 36 hours :) Can't wait for the next adventure!
Love you :)

Robin Dini Photography said...

camping in new england kicks ass!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

jiffy pop!!!!!!!!! roasted marshmallows. oh sweet sweet serenity!! so happy you found your love!! i love to read your posts they make us smile every time! xoxo

Unknown said...

I LOVE JIFFY POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Archive