Friday, March 5, 2010

Kate + Chris | boston, ma

Back in 2006 when I decided I wanted to "get into photography" I had the opportunity to intern for the fabulous Mike Colon out in Newport Beach, CA. I didnt even own a camera yet and it was my very first wedding as an assistant ( I think I was the 3rd or 4th shooter actually) was for Katie and John at which KATE was the Maid of honor. Its amazing how 4 years later, and a coastal move, brought Kate back across my path. THIS time she was the bride, Katie was the Maid of Honor and I was the photographer! It truly was a surreal experience trying to wrap my head around it all. Yet another little thing with which I am forever grateful to Mike for.

Throughout her planning, I've had the opportunity to shoot their engagement session but also shoot her boudoir... *click here*. SHe has become WAY more than a client and I can truly call her a friend. We've spilled life stories over nachos, she's been buck naked while I photographed her in the woods, and I had the honor of documenting her big day. Now it's time for babies Kate... you aren't getting rid of me that easy ;)



Anyway, here are few of my favorite moments... accompanied by a slideshow of their day












An extra special thanks to e-man for being my sidekick for the day. Its always a pleasure!

6 comments:

Jeff Brouillet said...

WOW! These shots look beautiful Shyla! It was really a pleasure shooting cinema alongside you for Kate + Chris's wedding. I always get excited to see what the photographer sees throughout the day and your work is AMAZING - I'm blown away!

Allie Love said...

Seriously, some of your best work yet! I L.O.V.E. them!!!

. s h e r r y * said...

These are cute! <3 Love her dress, AND the bridesmaid dresses too. Super cute.

erica said...

Shyla, it was so great meeting you last week. Love these shots :)

ABOUT ME said...

I love the shot of the little girl looking at her reflection--perfectly caught moment and lovely composition. And that last shot with the blowing veil is dynamite.

ohana photographers-david and kimi said...

the reflection shot is perfection shy, but then again so is this whole post!

Blog Archive