Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa

Cape Cod.....*sigh*
In the 5 months I have lived on the East Coast, I had yet to visit the infamous Cape. I spent the last week there attending the Roots Workshop (more to come on that soon) and enjoyed every minute of it.

Here is a not-so-quick 'little' overview...


The compound we stayed at... right across from the beach




My lil' friend Angelina Ballerina




Eric's impromptu jump into the water...then showing off his skills that almost took him to the Olympics or something like that. A group of us did this at like 2am the next morning. The water was sooo warm and the moon's illumination was amazing!





Um, yeah... I'm not quite sure.




Meet some of my new friends... Here is Linda.



Scott.



Evan & Stephen



Meredith.



The pretty lil' lighthouse



This was a week of firsts for me... Cape Cod, New England Clam Chowdah, Steamers, and a real Lobster. I'm not quite sure how he does it, but Eric manages to capture my most hilarious expressions.
I do have issues with my hands getting dirty when I eat... I dont know why exactly but that is why you wont see me eating ribs. Anyway, I was a mess trying to eat that sucker.



I wasnt the only one though.... LOOK!



our fearless leader... Emilie



The whole gang...




Last week was amazing and I cant wait to share the rest of the story.... stay tuned :)

11 comments:

Liana said...

Awww so much fun!! So did ya eat that lobster??? Miss u honey and can't wait to see you next month!!

carla ten eyck said...

hey Shy!
I SO wanted to go to this but was at Amanda's wedding.... if they do it next year I am THERE.

Can't wait to see more from it!

love me some lobstAH

emilie said...

Hi dear!! Gosh, what a treat to spend a few days with sweet Shyla, beautiful inside and out. Thanks for sharing your spirit with us all. And CONGRATS on the success of your fantastic assignment! You rocked it, girl! I can help talk that around if you would really like to get it published...

Stay in touch! And let me know if you apply for that job I sent you.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!!! Yes, so did you eat that Lobster? Hope you learned lots!!! Good luck to you.

J said...

Shyla!! Miss you already...it was so great to spend the week with you and get to see you in action, as well as some of your images! You are such a delight to be around :)

peace

eric said...

you look about as red as that lobster you's about to eat. Didn't Em give you sunscreen in your bucket? Are you SURE you're Persian?

Samantha Warren Weddings said...

Shyla...thinking of you and wishing we were back on that dock, soaking up the sun and dreaming of ice cream. Come to Maine soon and we'll head to the mountains... You are too kind for words!

Sheyb said...

My oldest daughter's name is Angelina. :)

Love the pictures, as usual. ;)

www.shealynnbenner.com



Shealynn B.

Anna Yu said...

Shyla, my love, congrats on all of your "firsts"! everyone looks so good!

Ryel j said...

How fun is this?!? Answer: Major funness. Your new friends are awesome!

Angie said...

You have so much fun! Love all these shots of your beautiful friends. I think moving East should be on my to do list.

It is so wonderful stopping by here...ahhhh!

Blog Archive