Friday, July 11, 2008

Love is... | july

"Love can be heard by all..."

Here we are again!
This month's Love is... highlights a ministry focused on the deaf community in rural villages and developing nations.



Signs of Love.
Enrobed with a missional purpose, this Christian-based organization extends beyond any religion or faith and truly attempts to impact the deaf community in a positive way. The goal is to work with deaf and hearing nationals to equip them to become self-sufficient in training, teaching, and providing practical support to their deaf population.
I've been dabbling in sign-language since my Jr.high Sunday School teacher decided I needed to learn this beautiful language of communication, and honestly I am so thankful. Although now, I could probably sign most any 'church' song you throw in my lap or even the alphabet but that's about it.
Anyway, a new friend of mine went to Honduras for one month to teach for Signs of Love and the organization truly captured my heart, so... when I asked to feature his endeavors for this month's charity, he kindly obliged. So I sent him down with 5 memory cards and told him to shoot shoot shoot and bring me back some photos!
Here's a shot from the trip. Thanks John for your kindness, sweet spirit and willing heart.




2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Thank you for sharing this ministry! I have never heard of it....and I would love to work for a ministry like this!

I know sign language and would love to serve in this way!

Thanks :o)

www.fabuluxephotos.com said...

I love this shot!!! Amazing:)

Blog Archive