Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sage + Young | married [pt.1]

What a beautiful way to kick off wedding season! My first wedding of the year offered up a fluke 60 degree day amidst a few snow storms so everyone was in good spirits. I think even the drivers on the road were feeling kind on that day! (I took special notice because it's a rarity here in MA)

Anyway, I was looking forward to this day from the moment I met Sage and Young. The two of them together simply made me smile... and Sage's fashion forward plans for her big day made me smile even bigger. Paisley shoes, peacock feathers, birdcage veil... YAY for me.

There is no way I could condense my favorite imagery from this wedding into one post so I have decided to break it up a bit. First you get to see the fashiony side...
Sage and Young did the unheard of... they gave me like 3 hours to shoot portraits before the ceremony! What do you do with 3 hours?! well... take a peek.


























A special thank you and I LOVE YOU to my amazing team! Carla Ten Eyck and Mike. These two went above and beyond., I dont know if I can sing their praises enough. I think the best part was that Carla has bright pink streaks in her hair that matched my branding so with all three of us dressed in black, her pink streaks and my pink flower in my hair, we looked quite professionals! wait... err.... I mean we looked good ;) xoxo

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, gorgeous, ahhhhhmazing!! LOVE these!! when (um, *if*) i ever find mr. right, i so want you to capture the day! ;)

Anonymous said...

ooo these are so pretty! I love the few portraits of the bride...so awesome that they gave you 3 hours! great pics!

Matt Dorroh said...

Amazing work, great job!

Anonymous said...

These are amazing, Shy! I super-love the second one of them together (on the left) and the last one.

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous! I love them! The one with the ship in the background is amazing!

Val McCormick Photography said...

These are beautiful Shyla. Love them. Talk about having a "Dream Team" shoot your wedding ;-)

Anonymous said...

These are amazing Shyla. Holy cow. You ROCKed it!

Andi Walpurgis said...

Great job!!!!I just love the shoes...and what a team you had....

carla ten eyck said...

SHY!!!!
Oh my goodness, I can't tell you enough how much fun Mike and I had working with you, the fancy master mistress of weddings!

LOVE the last shot, especially- and the shoes? I want to EAT that picture!!

xxooo

Anonymous said...

I'm with Carla--this last shot is a dream come true. Come to think of it, this whole wedding was a dream! The bride is stunning and has the most incredible style. Paisley shoes? Get outta here. Your images are amazing. I can only imagine the amount of fun you had shooting w/Carla and Mike. This couple is so lucky to have all of you taking their pictures. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I'm in love. With you. AND the pictures! ;)

Orchard Cove Photography said...

What a beautiful couple and stylish wedding - really nice shots here!

suzanne said...

I love the one of the two of them smiling, can't get more genuine than that :)
More importantly I miss you. So much it hurts. We MUST talk this weekend.
xoxoxo

Studio Foto said...

Hey it was awesome seeing you at Photoshop world! This wedding was Awesome:) Great job!

Meredith Perdue said...

Shyla! Way to start the year off on the right foot- these are stunning. Sage and Young have to be THRILLED you were there to beautifully document the day! Love them all!

AbiQ said...

part 2? part 2? part 2?!

Jessica said...

Shyla, these photos are great.

Do you mind my asking who designed your blog?

My email is jschmale(at)gmail(dot)com

THANKS

Eric Foley said...

These all belong in a magazine! Seriously! Awesome set and the candid moments are priceless.

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

ring ring...ummm...hello shoe shot? yes? you kick ass!! that last image is my fav! oh shy my friend you did it again! exited for your next wedding!!!

Unknown said...

Hey woman, love the blog.I love these photos, so cinematic! I want to know... where did the birdcage veil come from? Can you find out?

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real income.
It's all about how to select a proper partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Blog Archive