Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Annemarie + Brett | Firestone Winery Wedding

The honor of shooting peers within the wedding photography industry is such a sweet gift. Being trusted with the memories of those who have a sea of people to choose from is like being pinned with one of those lapel pins that flashes it's blinky red lights.
You know the ones, right?
They are usually adorned with ribbons and draw the attention of anyone within the vicinity while silently screaming HAPPY BIRTHDAY or I'M OVER THE HILL or CLASS OF 2010!.
Sure, you may think them obnoxious and perhaps even tacky but I LOVED them as a child. Don't worry internet- I am WAY more mature now.
I mean totally.
Anyway... I proudly wore my imaginary pin and smiled every time I caught a blink out of the corner of my eye at my sweet gift from the future Bollmans.... But then it hit me. This couple is friends with several other wedding photography, which means those friends will be at the wedding. *gulp* It was then that I understood that that flashing pin puts me on display in front of many of my peers. I quickly threw my lapel decoration in the drawer and prayed to God that I wouldn't make some big wedding photographer fopaux.
Well, the wedding is over and aside from DJ calling me out for not making a slideshow at the reception or having something posted the next day, It went off pretty well. ;) But now I have to actually SHOWit - the images that is. (and a cheesy plug at Brett's job - be nice, its 1:30 am and I'm on a red eye.)

Anyway, thankfully Brett and Annemarie know how to rock the camera and made my job super easy.

So now I humbly present you a gazillion pictures of the fabulous Brett and Annemarie Bollman!

Slideshow:
www.shylaphotography.com/slideshows/annemariebrett
















SO much emotion. Annemarie kept trying to hide her tears behind her bouquet.



A beautiful rainbow to usher in the ceremony.





I simply adore the look on Brett's face! He reminds me of a giddy lil' school boy.










10 comments:

eric said...

rock and roll, shyguy.

Vickie ~ aka Gigi said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Samantha Warren Weddings said...

Stunning. Was in Santa Barbara that same day and shooting the ceremony at the same time as that rainbow. What spectacular light we were blessed with! Love those yellows- what fun!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful night and you captured it perfectly Shyla!

- Magda

Anne said...

Shyla~ Thank you for capturing these moments for posterity. You are amazing!

Amanda Key said...

Beautiful images! Love them!

emilie said...

In love with this wedding! Beautifully captured, Shyla! Congrats to Brett and Annmarie!!

Anonymous said...

Shyla, Shyla, Shyla....late to the game on commenting here, but wanted to give you some Blog Love too! These are AMAZING. YOU are AMAZING. We love the pictures and everything that you have done for us...for our friendship! We love you and we are working on getting you that button. You deserve a REALLY big one!

Krista Photography said...

Congratulations Annemarie! And Shyla I LOVE the tight shot of her eyelashes with the curlers behind. love it.

Lydia said...

Shyla, you did an amazing job! You captured so much emotion, their utter joy and happiness!

Blog Archive